Tips for an optimal staff recruitment process
- 1 Tips for an optimal staff recruitment process
- 1.1 What is the staff recruitment process?
- 1.2 How is personnel recruitment carried out in a company?
- 1.3 Who does the recruitment of personnel in a company?
- 1.4 Why is it important to carry out a proper staff recruitment process?
- 1.5 How to calculate the cost of recruiting staff?
- 1.6 How to improve the staff recruitment process?
Organizations seek to have better indicators, including staff turnover, and therefore seek to avoid having frequent entries and exits, in addition to avoiding cost overruns that occur due to failed recruitment and selection processes, training of new employees, periods low productivity in the months of adaptation and everything that affects the budget of the area.
In this article we want to focus on one of the first phases of the recruitment process - we must begin to understand this key stage, and in this way make our process effective.
What is the personnel recruitment process?
Personnel recruitment is the process of attracting qualified and capable candidates for positions within the organization. To be effective, recruiting must attract a considerable number of candidates and thus adequately supply the following stages.
Staff recruitment can be internal or external:
Seeks to hire or promote candidates within the organization.
It looks for candidates outside the organization, it is usually done through the already known job boards, web pages, fairs, among others.
How is personnel recruitment done in a company?
1. Job profile
It is important that the Human Resources area - those in charge of the process - carry out an analysis of the employment needs and establish the profile that the candidate chosen for the position must fulfill.
The person in charge of the area that makes the request must identify what he expects from the performance of the new person until he is clear about what he should ask for when starting the recruitment and selection process (a process in which he must also participate obligatorily).
At this point, it should end in:
- Conviction of the user area regarding what are the requirements that must be demanded, knowing that they are the ones that really matter
- Templates on the basis of which the user area can easily define its personnel requirements based on all this methodology
2. Recruitment of candidates
When you are already clear about the profile of the position, it is necessary to publish the vacancy through internal and external channels as appropriate and to have enough candidates to continue with the next stages.
3. Filter applicants' information
By having the applicants' CVs, it is important to make a pre-selection and in this way to purge from the total those that do not comply with the basic filters that are requested in the profile.
In summary, the personnel recruitment stage begins when we search for candidates through the different channels, and ends when we have candidates who have applied for the vacancy.
Who does the recruitment of personnel in a company?
The area in charge of recruiting personnel in an organization is the Human Resources Area, who is also in charge of all employees.
Why is it important to carry out an adequate recruitment process?
Having suitable and adequate employees for the operations of a company is a fundamental aspect to achieve the objectives that the organization requires. For this reason, the recruitment process and the selection of personnel every day takes more strength in organizations, and is the focus of human resources planning.
How to calculate the cost of recruiting staff?
If we work the recruitment process internally, the costs to consider would be: valuation of the time for design of the notices and the publication of the notices by the different job boards. On the other hand, if we outsource this process, clearly the cost will be what we pay for this service plus the appreciation of the time invested in designing the profile, looking for and choosing the provider.
How to improve the personnel recruitment process?
The market demands that every day companies are better equipped in terms of human resources, which is why one of the pillars to improve we give you advice to carry out an optimal staff recruitment process such as taking advantage of the benefits of technology , as it streamlines and optimizes the process.
Technology evolves at a frantic rate. New advances are constantly emerging that allow us to save time and obtain better results. In short: be more efficient!
Diversify recruitment channels, many times we focus only on known recruitment channels, but to obtain different results we must adapt to new channels, we mention some of the most used:
- Internal recruitment: we make sure we have candidates who already know the company, culture first hand and that is beneficial for the process.
- Social networks: LinkedIn or Facebook are the most used networks, but even in different social networks according to the profile being searched.
- Job Boards: they are usually a good solution to find operational profiles.
- Referrals: in some cases, the recommendation of candidates to current employees is encouraged through programs in which we can even handle rewards.
- Job Fairs: These serve to create a more personal relationship with candidates and give us exposure.
- Universities: they tend to give good results when searching for profiles of practitioners.
- Recruitment agencies: they are a fairly common solution for specialized and middle management positions.
This means that if recruiters want to be more effective they must adapt to new trends and attract different applicants through strategies that allow them to find the ideal candidate.